AUSTRALIA, SOUTH AUSTRALIA. A meeting held on Monday the 23rd of April 2018. This involved MSA Board members, Members of the MX Committee and MX club representatives, a number of concerns relating to the 2018 SA MX series were raised and addressed.
This meeting was extremely successful and all involved are looking forward to a successful 2018 State MX Series.
It was resolved to hold a further meeting of the group in October 2018, this will be to review the entire series with a view to change various elements and evolve the series in a planned and unified manner. There were various issues and initiatives highlighted which could assist with not only the 2018 series but 2019 and beyond.
The MSA Board would like to extend its appreciation to all involved in this meeting.
Monday 23 April, 2018
Scott Wait – Morgan MCC
Brendan Smart – PPMCC
Mark Johnstone – Morgan MCC
Mackie Payne – SAMX Panel
John Barton – MRA
Shannon Reimann – West Coast/Crystal Brook
Tania Corbett – Whyalla
Derani Collins – TTG
Brett Schiller – Renmark
Doug Spanos – Renmark
Mick Potter – MRA
Mark Walmsley – MRA
Anthony Slade – MRA
Eric McConnochie – SAMX Panel
Simon Pittman – Mud n Tars
Max Hutchesson – Mud n Tars
Mike Hampton – MSA Board
Rocky Warren – MSA Board
Warren Duthy – MSA Board
Brenton Matters – MSA President
Minutes of Meeting
The discussion covered issues surround in the running of the MX State Titles and the financial assistance required from MSA by the clubs running State Title round to avoid financial shortfalls.
The following was agreed at the meeting:
1. MSA would provide funding of $6,000 to each of the clubs running a State Title Round.
2. As a prerequisite of this funding the Clubs would provide to MSA a) a budget for the round prior to the round being held; b) a financial results (P&L) subsequent to the round being held. It is expected that both a) and b) will be provided in a timely fashion.
3. In line with the commitment given by MSA at the General Meeting attended by all disciplines last year, MSA will not be the promoter of the MX State Titles next year. This role will be taken up by the MX Committee and the MX Clubs.
4. The MX Committee is responsible for all MX Activities including Competition Meetings, Ride Days and the State Titles. The Committee should include representatives from all clubs and be responsible for setting their meeting timetable, meeting agendas and circulation of minutes. Representatives of the clubs on the MX Committee are responsible for ensuring minutes and information is provided to their clubs.
5. Minutes from previous MX Meetings were felt to no longer be relevant and there was no point wasting effort distributing these. Instead a line is to be drawn under all previous activities and correspondence regarding the State Titles and a fresh start be made.
6. A meeting will be held on Oct 3 to review the 2018 State Titles, how they went, the financial results and improvements for 2019. It is expected that clubs who held a 2018 round should have provided financial results to MSA prior to this meeting.
As a final point, MRA, who had withdrawn from running a State Title Round would reconsider and give a final decision as soon as possible.